Do you want to make informed farm management decisions to achieve positive outcomes for soil health & farm profitability?
This 2 day soil health workshop will be facilitated by David Hardwick, an agro-ecologist with over 20 years experience in sustainable agriculture working in diverse roles including agronomy, soils, agribusiness, R & D, fertiliser manufacturing, rural training and extension and Landcare. At the workshop participants will:
- learn how to understand and assess the soil ecosystem in a paddock
- use various indicators to objectively determine soil health
- get hands-on by carrying out basic soil health assessment and monitoring activities
- take home your own simple soil health kit.
Participants will undertake two comprehensive soil tests on their own property and then:
- learn how to interpret your comprehensive soil test results
- identify any soil restraints that may have an impact on your farms productivity
- find out the management options available that will address any issues
- learn how use soil health to maximise profitability and natural resource management.
RSVPs – Email Upper Snowy Landcare if you’d like to find out more.
This project is supported by funding from the Australian Government