In partnership with Snowy Monaro Regional Council, on April 8th, Upper Snowy Landcare is hosting a one-day ‘Intrepid Way’ workshop designed by Landcare Australia for youth (18-35y) and people who support our youth to create change through community work.
We only have 25 spaces so please register your interest and confirm as soon as possible via Angela Sharp via [email protected]
Intrepid Landcare has developed a training resource to assist communities in NSW in their efforts to engage young people into Landcare and other environmental initiatives. The workshop aims to upskill people from a range of Landcare and environmental organisations to engage young people. Workshops will focus on developing a collaborative approach to co-designing and delivering projects that are appealing to a younger generation.
WHEN AND WHERE?
When: Monday 8th April 2019
Where: Jindy or Berridale TBC
Time: 9 AM – 4.30 PM. Please arrive at 8.45 AM for a 9 AM sharp start.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP?
Our primary audience is Landcare coordinators and other facilitators of environmental initiatives, but we would also like to include organisations, and their next leaders, who are interested in engaging and supporting young people in the community to lead on local environmental issues.
We encourage the following people to attend (but not limited to):
- Local Landcare Coordinators
- Young people in leadership roles in the community or youth representatives of interested organisations
- Community engagement staff from other youth organisations, councils, farmer groups, education institutions, environment and outdoor recreation organisations
- Facilitators of environmental initiatives
- Landcare volunteers and committee members
Participants will hear about the Intrepid Landcare model and gain skills and knowledge on how to engage the next generation.
PARTICIPANTS WILL GAIN THE FOLLOWING
A full day workshop including:
- Facilitation by Intrepid Landcare
- Resources and advice for planning to attract youth
- Resources to help you in effective storytelling and communication
- Resources to help you plan, promote and deliver projects appealing to young people
- Resources to help you to support and nurture young people in your community
- A process to facilitate community collaboration and connection to relevant organisations and young people
More information is available in the attached leaflet.