Do you want more profitable & sustainable grazing systems?
8 half day workshops – hands on approach, with days being held on group members farms with a strong in-paddock approach.
$400 per farm business
PROGRAZE® will help you to:
- Visually assess pasture quality and quantity
- Understand how pasture quality and quantity impact on animal production
- Assess livestock fat scores
- Use pasture and livestock assessments to match pastures to livestock requirements
- Use grazing management to improve the productivity and sustainability of your pastures
- Use fodder budgeting to make the best use of pastures and fodder crops
- Use pasture assessment to make supplementary feeding decisions
- Use grazing management to help control worms.
The benefits of PROGRAZE® can be gauged from a survey of people 12 months after the completion of the course:
- 87% indicated participation in PROGRAZE® had resulted, or would result, in improved financial returns to their farm
- 96% indicated participation in PROGRAZE® had resulted, or would result, in improved productivity and stability of pastures on their farm
- 79% indicated PROGRAZE® had either a major or moderate impact on their grazing management.
- 99% of participants said that they would recommend PROGRAZE® to others.
PROGRAZE® is presented to individual groups via a series of 8 half-day workshops. Workshops are generally held 4 – 6 weeks apart.
The course uses a hands-on approach, with the days being conducted on group member’s farms with a strong in-paddock approach.
Discussions with other producers and practical sessions are combined for an effective learning experience.
PROGRAZE® is available to producers in the South East Local Land Services region for a fee of $400 per farm business.
Two or more members from each farm business may participate for this fee.
Please register your interest by 9 MAY to Jo Powells at South East Local Land Services on 6452 1455 OR 0429 785 986
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to pass this information on to other landholders – PROGRAZE® needs participants from at least 12 properties to run.