Both past data and future predictions are included. Highlights for June 2014 include:
- Rainfall over May was below median across much of NSW, particularly over the north west and coast.
- Drier and warmer than normal conditions are likely between June to August.
- ENSO is still neutral, but there is about a 70 per cent chance of an El Niño event occurring during winter-spring.
- Pasture growth was good in the south and west, but slowed over the tablelands and coast. Over the quarter it was average or better over 93 per cent of NSW. Biomass levels are low in the north west. Some areas are experiencing a ‘green drought’.
- Crop development is generally good, especially in the south, although development of late sown crops is slow.
- Stock water supplies remain variable in some areas.
- Resources to assist in management for areas suffering poor rainfall and growth are available at Managing in drought.